Here is a quick test that appeared in Corriere.it to see if you pay attention and avoid the pitfalls, both old and new.
- The 3 children
The Mom of Paul has three children. The first is named April, the second May. The third?
- The butcher
A butcher is about 5 feet, 7 inches tall and has a 10 ½ shoe size. What does he weigh?
Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the tallest mountain in the world?
How much dirt is there in a hole that measures 58 centimeters by 90 centimeters?
What word is always spelled “incorrectly”?
Ernest was born December 28 but his birthday is always in the summer. How is that possible?
In Canada one cannot take a photo of a man with a wooden leg. Why?
You are running a race and you overpass the person in second place. In what place are you?
- Eggs over easy
Do you say “gli albumi” are yellow or “le albume” are yellow?
A farmer has 5 piles of hay in one field and four in another. How many would he have if he put them together in one field?
1.The third child is named Paul.
- Mount Everest
- There is no dirt in a hole
- He was born in the southern hemisphere
- You need a camera or a cell phone to take a photo. You can’t take one with a wooden leg.
- Neither because the albumen is the white of the egg
- One, if he puts them all together in a huge pile